With the Coronavirus pandemic ongoing, here is our policy on Remote Learning, as well as some general protocols on what to expect in the event of an individual or small group of pupils being unable to attend school, a class or year group being unable to attend school, or a full school closure.
For the latest, most up to date Government advice, please visit: https://covid19.gov.im/general-information/back-to...
Overview of measures in place for the new school term:
- Primary and secondary school staff and students, as well as those at UCM will continue to be encouraged to wash their hands regularly
- Increased signage is in place to remind students of the need to maintain strong hand hygiene
- Extra handwashing and sanitisation facilities are available in all educational settings
- Students at secondary school and UCM are expected to wear face coverings in all educational settings and when travelling on school transport
- All staff (primary, secondary schools and UCM) are expected to wear face coverings in all educational settings and when travelling on school transport
- Primary school students are not expected to wear a face covering, but students in year 5 and 6 are encouraged to do so in both educational settings and when travelling on school transport
- COVID-19 is at higher risk of transmission in confined and crowded spaces. Individual educational settings may introduce one way systems, change the physical set up within classrooms, or introduce other methods of increasing space to minimise risk
- All educational settings will also maintain good environmental hygiene in all areas
- Committed to deploying monitors in educational settings to measure the air quality which will give an indication on effectiveness of ventilation, in order to be proactive if levels do become a concern and ensure all educational settings are as ventilated as possible.
Lateral Flow Device (LFD) Testing
- Secondary school and UCM students and staff are asked to test at least twice week using free LFD test kits and to ‘know before you go’ to protect themselves and others
- Anyone who receives a positive result should isolate immediately and book a PCR test online or by calling 111
- LFD kits can be ordered free of charge online or collected from participating pharmacies
- Remember to log your lateral flow test result here, if you can.
Monitoring for symptoms
- If any student feels unwell or develops any COVID-19 symptoms they should not attend school, stay at home, notify their school and follow the latest Public Health advice
The symptoms of COVID-19 include:
- Temperature of more than 37.8’C
- A new, persistent cough
- Shortness of breath or
- The loss or change of smell or taste